Go Forth and Educate Yourselves!
I’d also highly recommend watching the Jane Elliot Brown-eye/Blue-eye experiments, which can be found here:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pv8mCHbOrs (Part 1)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neEVoFODQOE (Part 2 - Has very important points on Reverse Racism and how it doesn’t exist, and it also dismantles the “We All Bleed Red” mentality.)
Not only should you educate yourself but use this for good. Look around you and help others who don’t have this privilege. Hiring, donating, community service, etc.
After this post went viral, the original artist had to delete their tumblr because they were inundated with death threats.
There were people more offended by this comic than offended by the existence of racial disparities—to the point where they threatened this artist’s life.
weave silk is my favorite and seed plant breeder is super fun.
for everyone rn
1. It helps us to let go of the tiredness, stress and negativity that clutters up our mind. That then frees us to be still, and get in touch with our true self.
2. It helps us get in touch with our feelings and emotions - so we’re able to respond, and not simply react.
3. It helps us get in…
10 Signs You Have An Unhealthy Gut & How To Heal It
Mind Body Green writes:
In functional medicine, we believe that every system in the body is connected. Your digestive and hormonal systems, for example, aren’t independent of one another. At the center of it all is a properly functioning digestive system.
When your gut is unhealthy, it can cause more than just stomach pain, gas, bloating, or diarrhea. Because 60-80% of our immune system is located in our gut, gut imbalances have been linked to hormonal imbalances, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, eczema, rosacea, and other chronic health problems.
I believe the gut is the gateway to health, and the first step I take with all of my patients regardless of their diagnosis is to heal the gut.
10 Signs You Have an Unhealthy Gut:
1. Digestive issues like bloating, gas, diarrhea
2. Food allergies or sensitivities
5. Mood swings, irritability
6. Skin problems like eczema, rosacea
8. Autoimmune disease
9. Frequent Infections
10. Poor memory and concentration, ADD or ADHD
How To Heal An Unhealthy Gut || Read the rest here.
So Ronald Lee Haskell, a Caucasian man who murdered an entire family execution style including 4 children, was brought into police custody PEACEFULLY.
While Eric Garner a Black man who was SUSPECTED of selling loose cigarettes in front of a bodega was murdered by the police on SIGHT!
with Ed. M, Ph.D Jackson Katz
Same for mass shootings which are almost entirely done by white males.
If it was done by, literally, ANYONE ELSE of any other race or gender, I can’t even IMAGINE the shit that would be said by people.
I read somewhere, someone had this theory that the reason shootings are mainly committed by white males is because when women or poc feel alienated, depressed, etc, we are trained to keep it to ourselves, whereas white men are raised with a sense of entitlement that allows them to make their own problems everyone’s problem.
I wonder if it is true for shooting or for road rage or both or neither.
This is a really good documentary.
because our socialization is that men are standard, women are gendered.